Searching for better prices can seem like a daunting process, even with the convenience of 24/7 shopping sites in place of brick-and-mortar stores or paper catalogs. While practices are constantly seeking ways to reduce overhead, it can be hard for staff to find time to research the best value for dental supplies and small equipment.
So, how can you efficiently evaluate your ordering and find ways to save? Ask an expert to do it for you.
CDA’s newest subsidiary, TDSC, an online source for dental supplies, has a team that will research and compare prices for members through a no-cost, no-obligation service. While shoppers are seeing 20 percent average savings on tdsc.com compared to manufacturer’s retail prices, they’re also seeing a big difference compared to their current costs from other suppliers.
Here’s how it works:
- Collect three or more invoices from your current suppliers, reflecting orders placed within the past six months. Scan the invoices or save them to a folder on your computer.
- Visit tdsc.com/pricecompare. Enter your contact information and upload your saved invoice files.
- By evaluating products and prices from your actual invoices against the tdsc.com catalog of 25,000 dental supplies, the TDSC team finds product-by-product savings for both exact matches and equivalent alternates.
- In five to 10 business days, you receive the comprehensive price comparison that’s personalized to your practice.
What’s included in a price comparison?
Many CDA members are taking advantage of tdsc.com’s service to get an apples-to-apples comparison of the products and prices specific to their practices.
For one endodontics practice in Benicia, Calif., the price comparison illustrated significant savings for both exact matches and alternatives. After the invoices were submitted and the analysis completed, the practice received detailed product and pricing information from TDSC.
- The comparison evaluated 13 specific products, from surface wipes to root canal sealer, and showed 20 percent savings on exact matches. While the total for the items was $1,184.95 from the practice’s current suppliers, the total by ordering from tdsc.com would be $963.23, yielding $221.72 in savings.
- The comparison also evaluated 14 products that had equivalent alternates on tdsc.com and showed 39 percent savings. The total for these items was $802.09 from the practice’s current suppliers, but the total from tdsc.com would be $579.20, yielding $222.89 in savings.
- The average savings potential for 27 products was 25 percent — more than $400 on the dental supplies the practice uses every day.
- In addition, the TDSC team created a saved shopping list so that the practice could easily review product details on tdsc.com.
Know that you can get a clear view of true supply costs without doing it on your own. A custom price comparison can help you make informed decisions about future supply orders.
To request your product-by-product price comparison, visit tdsc.com/pricecompare.